Interest Rate Roundup

Saturday, August 11, 2007

What a week to take a vacation!

You try to schedule a long weekend vacation in August, figuring it'll be a pretty tame time in the markets, and this is what you get: The biggest Fed intervention in the markets in years ... more mortgage meltdowns ... and the most volatile markets in recent history. Crazy! Anyway, I'm up here in Raleigh, N.C. enjoying some time with the family, so I probably won't be posting much until I'm back at my desk Tuesday. But I'll definitely be keeping an eye on things Monday. The big question now is whether central bankers have thrown enough money at the mortgage problem to "solve" it -- and/or whether this will just lead to another bout of moral hazard.

In the meantime, you can check out some of my thoughts on the mortgage market this weekend on CNN's Open House show with Gerri Willis. It airs at 3:30 p.m. (EST) today and tomorrow on Headline News. Have a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Site Meter