Interest Rate Roundup

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Housing paper

If you haven't guessed already from the topics I cover in this blog, I've been following the mortgage and housing markets for some time ... and have grown increasingly concerned by some of the developments in those markets. So I've spent a lot of time trying to keep readers of this blog updated on all the twists, turns, and new developments.

Over the past few months, I've also been working on a background project -- a paper examining the causes and consequences of the housing and mortgage crisis, as well as some potential ways to fix the housing finance system, which appears to have broken down.

I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't think anyone does. But clearly, regulators and policymakers are focused like a laser on these issues. Hopefully, the paper we've just published will help them navigate these difficult times. If you feel so inclined, you can read more here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Site Meter